What Is In A Name?? Proverb 23

/
0 Comments

Proverbs 22:1-4

1 A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, Loving favor rather than silver and gold. 2 The rich and the poor have this in common, The Lord is the maker of them all. 3 A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. 4 By humility and the fear of the Lord Are riches and honor and life.

What is in a Name? Yes we were all born and given a name, and as we grow up we decided whether to shorten it, hyphenate it, or change it altogether.  In  a worldly sense, we adapt our name based upon our current circumstances and settings, so that it is acceptable.   For example, as a teen I was Angie, as driving teen I became Baby G, as an adult I prefer Angela.  Yes, as I changed my name changed, yet the purpose and plan for my life remained the same.  People that know the transitioning Angie, Baby G, Angela can link behaviors and ideas to each and every name.  Yet, all the names fit the same purpose and although linked to trouble, at times, overall remained blemish free.  Angela means the Heavenly Messenger, and although I don't believe my parents knew this, I feel it was divinely ordered. It was a good name for me, but what I do with the name, purpose, and plan for my life is up to me.  If I tarnish this "good name" with acts of evil, backbiting  slander, lying, stealing, cheating, and others, I have chosen to move myself out of my purpose and from this God ordained realm of favor, as He freely gives it to all.

I shall Praise the Lord At All Times
The Good News is- if we confess our sins-we have a forgiving God that is faithful and just, and allows us to again walk in our "good name". That name is sometimes all we have, remember Ike and Tina "but only if you let me keep my name". Even if the name is tied to too much iniquity, God will change our "good name" (e.g. Saul) and allows us back into His loving favor, with the ability to move forward, in our purpose, without hindrance from our past.

What is your "good name"?




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Reach Out and Touch Me

Reach Out and Touch Me
I am available for Product Testing-Contact me to find out
powered by
Socialbar

Amazon