You Do Know I Am A Cream Puff Right?

/
0 Comments
I was ready to share my positive reflective statement for the day, and then good old Yolanda Adams posted this video on her FB page:



Why did this song take me down a path of uncontrollable emotions about HOME?

Originally sung in the Wiz, I remember singing it over and over, because I thought I was Stephanie Mills!!


Hey, but who didn't?

Today I HEARD the words, FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!

Here are a few of the lyrics (From AZlyrics):

And just maybe I can convince time to slow up
Givin me enough time, ooh, in my life to grow up
Time be my friend
And let me start again

Suddenly my worlds gone and change its fate
And I still know where I'm going
I have had my mind spun round in space
And watched it growing

And oh, if you're listening, God, please don't make it hard
To know if we should believe the things that we see
Tell us should we try and stay or should we run away (Should we run away)
Or will it be better just to let things, let them be, oh

Livin here in this brand new world
Might be a fantasy
But its taught me to love, oh, yeah
And its real, its so real, its real to me

And I've learned that we must look
Inside our hearts to find
A world full of love
Like yours, like mine

Like home
Like, like home


In the midst of all that's going on across the world, especially with our babies (Tyshawn Lee, MIZZOU, etc.) we need to have a safe place where the fears of the world cannot enter in.
  • “Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.” Psalm 61:1 
  • “Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint ." Isaiah 40:28-31
  • "The second is like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31
Will this make every place HOME? 
I am not sure, but my soul longs for it.
My soul longs for this world to live and love...Like Home.  



We need to be able to press on and believe in what lies before us and power of our God.


We must love our neighbor as ourselves to change the current state.










You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Reach Out and Touch Me

Reach Out and Touch Me
I am available for Product Testing-Contact me to find out
powered by
Socialbar

Amazon