Banana In The Tailpipe!

/
0 Comments
This week on one of my favorite shows #Iyanla Fix My Life, they discussed the infidelity of a Pastor and its effect on the wife, children and parishioners.  This story affected me greatly because it shows that although people are called to a position, the flesh is weak and if we don't die daily, those with greater responsibility will face (and may fall to) greater temptation.

However, I also began to reflect upon times in my life when I let my guard down because of position and promise not realizing the true identity and "mess" in the message.  For example, when I would begin to talk to a man  as a potential "suitor" back in the day, I could recognize "game" instantly.  If he gave me his cell and was vague on the phone and call only during the work hours, I would understand that there is probably another relationship or something he is hiding from me.  I would then discontinue conversations because I did not have time for mess. 


On the other hand when a man from church approaches with the same actions and untruths, I  may let him pass, because he is a "Good Man".  Very similar to the wife in the television scenario, I realized because a man is deemed "of God", attends church, knows the word, and may even preach very well, we, as women, give them extra "grace" or "bonus points" because of their potential. We figure that if he knows God, then he can't be all that bad, and if there is a problem God can fix it, right?

I can admit, I have even had a man in leadership tell me abstinence is Old Testament and we are now under grace! I knew it was wrong, but the man was good looking and had a word in him, so I kept the conversation going.  I began to envision all of the perks (as the wife mentioned on #IFML) of dating this man and ignored the signs! Although I never followed up on "that discussion", I now realize I fell for the banana in the tailpipe in effort to link up with potential instead of recognizing the mess! 

The Bible tells us in Romans 16: 17-18 to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

I thank God for growth and the ability to recognize flattery and deceit in effort to move us away from our Purpose! 

Be strong sisters, He hears us and will soon send the one He kept for us!

Love-

Lady A-TFM








You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Reach Out and Touch Me

Reach Out and Touch Me
I am available for Product Testing-Contact me to find out
powered by
Socialbar

Amazon